Sunday, August 30, 2009

Inspiration

My 11 year old daughter made these lovely cut out paper dolls giving them different clothes ( unfortunately the photo's didn't come out so well ) she gave them to some friends of hers. I was so impressed, and got the idea to design my own.




I did a page with a doll in her underwear plus two dresses, the pink and white one being our local folk dress. I painted the church and our local flower symbol, the cowslip. I really enjoyed doing it ! I loved paper dolls when I was little and remember being so happy if Mum bought me a paper doll book/kit from the local post office !! Nowadays it's all "Sims" and much more sophisticated ! So I was really pleased that my daughter spent a happy morning making her own little people !!

3 comments:

MILLY said...

Hello Ellie,
I also used to love these as a child, we used to save them off the back page of Bunty, my big sisters comic.
Yours is lovely, what a great idea. A creative daughter like her talented Mum.
Hope you have had a lovely summer. Autumn is certainly creeping in here.
Thanks for the lovely comments. It was lovely to hear from you.
Eileen x

ellie said...

Oh ...I used to have Bunty, I'd forgotten that comic ! Lovely to hear from you too Eileen X

Claudia said...

Oh, Ellie, it seems that I missed quite a lot of your w o n d e r f u l watercolour postings! - I'm really overwhelmed, they are a l l so very lovely!- The doll painting, the flowers...all of them!