Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Advent already !















November went by so fast, and suddenly December 1st was looming !





A few Christmases ago I was not well and had extra time on my hands, so in a flash of inspiration I made the girls advent calenders with pockets, to be filled with a small something for each day. Was that a mistake !!! Every year I have to shop around for cheap, cheerful things to fill these 48 pockets with ! But, the girls love it....and so do I really.












This weekend was my first Christmas fair this year. Held in a lovely old hall surrounded by old Swedish buildings. I stood in the baking heat with about thirty other crafts people selling all sorts of crafts, Christmas cheeses, cakes etc.



There were alot of visitors on the Saturday, not so many on Sunday, but all in all a success. Managed to sell a good few lavender bags, wheat bags, Christmas cards and painted bits and pieces. It was fun, although my smile muscle was aching on Sunday evening ! I was really lucky to have my eldest daughter with me to help out, take over for coffee breaks and loo visits etc.
Alot of people are complaining because we have no snow yet. This time last year we were deep in it ! I'm enjoying this mild weather, but I have to keep quiet about it !






Another one to go this weekend.






I love Christmas !!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

The advent calender is great, I wonder what surprises your children will be getting.

Your stall looks lovely hope it went well even though sunday was quite. Your very brave to do stalls thet really tire me out before I have got there. Maybe I just need to do more. Hope you get snow soon. I have borrowed your cats, I will email them.