Sunday, November 19, 2006

Making Swedish Pepparkakor ( Christmas biscuits)






It's become a tradition that my girls and me meet up with some good friends and make Pepparkakor before Christmas. It's a sort of gingery biscuit, yummy, and a must for a Swedish Christmas. We'll see if ours last past the first Advent !!




As you can see among the shapes an Easter bunny has bounced it's way in...never mind, no rules that say there can't be a Christmas bunny !



We had a lovely time !


Fresh out of the oven, ready to decorate with some icing...if they survive that long !



My eldest daughter and I go to Falun Gong each week. It's a form of meditation from China. For some reason people are thrown into prisons and tortured for doing it in China, it's hard to understand why this should be. It promotes truth, goodness and patience, I guess it's the truth bit that doesn't go down so well ? Anyway, it's so calming, peaceful and lovely, we enjoy it.


The lotus flower is the symbol for Falun Gong and this week we learnt how to fold them out of paper.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Nothing wrong with a christmas bunny. They look great biscuits. Whats the receipe? I have this old waffle iron that makes very thin crisp waffles at christmas. I have spent alot of time looking for receipies on the internet as mum makes a fuss making them from her reciepe. Its a badly translated german reciepe. I think the waffles might origante from Sweden from what I have read, not sure. The flowers look quite tricky to make.