Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year !




Happy New Year to you !




We've had a good Christmas, if you ignore the coughs and colds that everyone seems to have had !
So lovely to be given gifts from the girls, things that they have made in school and hidden away until Christmas !


Eaten too much and I am full of remorse and promises of being good from now on ! You get some idea of my self discipline when I tell you that I was watching a tv program on dieting last night, and I opened a box of chocolates left over from Christmas to keep me company while I watched ! Comfort eating because I've eaten too much hmmm ?



My daughter had a nice morning ride on Rabello the pony she helps out with yesterday. He's a sweet natured New Forest. I know nothing about horses, but have learnt to muck out !
She has a friend here today, I am making cottage pie for lunch, a good old British dish that her friend has never eaten before. I hope she wont be too disappointed with mince and mashed potatoes !!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Thats a lovely friendly looking horse. I have the same feeling about eating to much and having good intentions and then finishing of my mums christmas cake. Not even sure I feel much slimer for walking in wales and I need to fit into something nice for a weddng next week!

My brother was very pleased with the picture, he really wants a cat one day. When he opened it he had a really big smile on. K gave him some vodka as well not sure he got the whole idea about giving a student a painting.