Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter trees and my birthday

































We have been having some very cold days, around - 15 degrees c, but sunny with it, so a beautiful landscape to be inspired by !










I have been trying to do some acrylic sketches of the lovely colours in the winter skies through the trees. Working quite quickly so as to catch the light before it changes !












These are horrible photo's, but you get a vague idea of what I'm trying to do !



I'm going to do more, hope the weather continues to be so beautiful this week. These sketches give me something to work from anyway.



I had a lovely birthday. My daughters made me a cake and decorated it with smarties and a paint brush to make it look like an artists palette ! They are so sweet, and growing up so fast ! Making birthday cakes for me now !











My kind, generous Dad bought me a new sewing machine for my birthday. Mine broke down ( probably in tears !) some time ago and I have been borrowing a friends. So I now have a lovely Husqvarna, Viking Emerald . Thanks Dad XXXX



The girls and a friend had a great time sledging down a hill on the farm yesterday. The snow was quite compacted and icy so they went zooming !



I went to inspect the barn that J is renovating for me ( inbetween all his other jobs !) to become studio, shop, gallery, and all the other ideas I have going around in my crazy head ! He says he's GOT to have it finished by Feb' hmmm ? He works so hard bless him.
Had to think of six weird things about myself !
1. Like anything to do with ghosts and spookiness !!
2. Would like a pet pig !
3. Still have a crush on Harrison Ford !
4. Love the smell of timber...lucky I married a carpenter !
5. Love stairways
6. Have a terror of maths ( probably due to nasty maths teacher Mr H !!!!)
Don't know why there's a huge gap between this and the previous post ! Sorry !




















































































































































1 comment:

Joanna said...

Happy belated birthday. Thanks for doing the tag thing, I don't like them. Sorry I never commeted sooner, I was feeling very guilty. I have been very tired with the move, ended up doing a whole load on my own while K was having to work at the weekend and not having broadband made everything really slow. Love your paintings and I expect your making wonderful things with your new sowing machine.