Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mothers Day and lilac


I love lilac, and there is plenty of it in our corner of Sweden just now. Every year I have to paint it, it's over so quickly, so I need to capture it !

I put some lilac next to a red geranium, I like the combination of red and purple. I may put the finished paintings on my blog...if I'm satisfied with them !
It's Mothering Sunday in Sweden today, and I love this card I received from my youngest. This is exactly what I look like cleaning the house in my best red dress, high heals etc !?
She has included little tokens for a massage, breakfast in bed, a trip, help with the cooking ! The perfect gift !
It's a wonderful gift being a Mum !

4 comments:

Claudia said...

...a wonderful painting, Ellie!!

love.boxes said...

I love your painting, the colors are so vibrant and I adore purple and red together. Also, I am jealous of your Mother's day card! What a great figure you have, you must be one of those dressed up moms. My daughter would draw me in sweat pants! :) Cute!

ellie said...

I should point out that my daughter is being VERY kind in that picture and using ALOT of artistic license !!!!Or she has a secret fantasy about having a pop star for a mum !

Joanna said...

Your painting is looking wonderful, I love the colours together and your duaghters card is lovely too, her tokens sound perfect.