Monday, October 22, 2007

Trying to juggle with too many balls !

I feel like a "Jack of all trades master of none" at the moment.
Anyway, I'm trying to get lots done before the busy Christmas period. Well, I'm hoping it will be a busy Christmas period ! Who knows, anyway, business picked up in my shop this weekend I'm glad to say. You do get full of self doubt some days, especially when for example one old man visits, tells you he buys his carrots elsewhere, drinks your coffee, tells you about his bad back and goes ! Well, bless him, he had a trip out, and I should be thankfull that someone took some interest in what I'm doing !
I'm making Swedish farm angels out of vintage fabrics, the wings ( hard to see here ) are filled with lavender.




I've been putting up more pictures.


I'm really pleased with the way my candles have turned out !






and I'm working on more paintings, views for Christmas cards.
Due to having a bad couple of carrot weeks at the shop ( no one seems to want carrots at the moment, only potatoes ?) I am making carrot and orange marmalade today. There will also be carrot chutney and carrot muffins on the go !!
Other news...we still haven't found the right horse to buy. Autumn is well and truely here, I managed to get all my dahlias in before a heavy frost !Love autumn, but winter can stay away for as long as possible ! Brrrr.... Hope life is a box of fluffy ducks for all of you out there ! XXX





5 comments:

love.boxes said...

Wow! Your paintings are so lovely! They will do really well. Such pretty bright, happy colors!

Holly Woods said...

good morning elie,
I have missed you. I think everything looks lovely!
PLEASE stop by and say hi to your friend! any comment, anywhere:)
heddy

Marjon said...

I love your blog and the beautiful paintings. You live in a very beautiful country, Sweden is my favorit holiday land.

Marjon

Holly Woods said...

HI TO ALL.
Another note to say I love your style.
hx

Joanna said...

I love your pictures. I made a carrot cake for the first time the other day. It was very interesting using butter not olive oil. Maybe you could do some recepie cards using the types of veg that is not selling so well.