Sunday, March 15, 2009

A few of my favourite things !

Got the urge to photograph ten of my favourite things ...got lots of favourite things really, and of course my absolutely favourite things are my children and husband...and cats, but they are not really things !

A basket full of things my children have made at school and brought proudly home!



A pipe rack/cupboard that my great Grandfather made, it's very Arts and Craftsy...







My favourite perfume, my husband searched everywhere and found me a bottle for my birthday !
My rag dolls, made for me many years ago by my Mum, they've been adopted by my youngest...

My Dad made this beautiful dolls house for his granddaughters, and the furniture inside....



















My Helen Bradley books, I am collecting them all as they remind me of holidays with my grandmother in Devon, I used to borrow them from her local library, and look at the pictures for hours, I'd then draw for hours having been inspired !








A painting my daughter did when she was about 3, I love the colours, I was doing a painting of a window and she joined me and did a much better painting !



A mug that I bought at "The Jinney Ring" a crafts shop near to where my Father lives, I love visiting there and always come away with something pretty !
This china doll belonged to my great, great Grandmother, a real treasure....

















A painting by my darling Mum, I remember her doing it, she was so clever and I miss her terribly, but I am so lucky to have some of her lovely paintings around me.








5 comments:

Alexandria ♥ said...

Dear Ellie,
Amazing, wow! I say to myself! You, your daughter, your mum, dad and ancesters, really have the artist eye, ability, talent and sentimental heart.
Hx

Claudia said...

Ellie,
how beautiful your favourite things are! But the painting of your mother is the most beautiful thing! So we now know where your amazing talent comes from!
Love from
Claudia

Teresa said...

Thank you for sharing some of your favorite things. I especially like the pipe rack/cupboard, the china doll (they don't make elegant dolls like that anymore, do they?) and the Helen Bradley books look charming. Not familiar with the Bradley books, but hopping over to Amazon now to check them out!

Teresa said...

Oops.. a P.S. Forgot one important thing.... your mother's painting is really beautiful.

MILLY said...

Ellie,
Thank you for sharing all these treasured items. Handmade gifts are so special, even more when they are made by people you love.
We can see talents and skills from your family, passed on to you.
Hope you have a Lovely Easter.
Eileenx