Sunday, October 15, 2006

Chutney with apples and Chutney the cat !



My apple chutney seems to have turned out ok ! I now have grand ideas of making loads to try and sell ( always trying to make money ! This time next year we'll be millionairs etc ) I also made mint sauce ( had loads of mint, it spread, as it does ) I love mint with lamb.

The cat Chutney didn't seem impressed ! He and Snuggles have just been eating, sleeping and sometimes hunting. I think they are eating in readiness for winter. Good idea !

It's hunting season here. Lots of blood thirsty men, and women, out looking for elks (poor things) to shoot, and deer. Lots of elk hiding behind trees and trying to keep a low profile ! It's not the time of year to go walking in the forrest in a fur coat anyway !

Here's a picture of some lovely wooden dolls. I help the 8 year olds class from our local school make them each autumn. They have a day making and doing things as they were done many years ago. This is at a local historical farm museum. It's always fun, and the kids appreciate it.

No comments: