Monday, October 09, 2006

October


We are having those lovely bright, crisp autumn days, I wish they could last all winter ! The colours are beautiful, and we have apples in abundance ! There is something about this time of year that brings out the "earth mother" in me, pie making, chutney, bread, fruit drinks, I want to get it all done before the winter destroys it all !!

My watercolour classes have started up again, so I am once more walking around muttering in Swedish to myself in readiness for Wed' evenings and trying to explain how to lay a wash in Swedish !

I am busily trying to get things made for the Christmas markets, and (I hope) our barn project. I know the next few weeks will fly. I have had a go at a Shaker style, Swedish rag doll. Will change bits for the next one, but I'm quite pleased. She is wearing her Christmas best ! (the photo isn't so good I'm afraid )

No comments: