Saturday, October 21, 2006

Playing with ideas

I've been trying to sketch my cats, in various poses. I want to do a few Christmasy pictures of them, lying on wrapping paper,exploring a Santa hat etc. We shall see if I get many finished ones done before December. I thought I could have some in mounts dotted about at Christmas sales that I'm taking part in this year.

This one started as a pen sketch, but I added a few colour washes. I had at first planned to do a black pen sketch with just a wash of colour on the wrapping paper, but that looked rather empty, so I coloured it all in. I don't have a scanner so this was taken with my camera and looks rather pale !

The weather has gone very rainy, and rather dull. Further north they have snow. I'll be happy if the snow stays away for as long as possible !

Went to our village pub evening last night. It happens in the local hall once a month, it's nice. I miss the British pubs, being able to walk down to the local !

No comments: