Friday, August 03, 2007

A holiday in Hälsingland



The girls, their Aunt and I have had a lovely few days staying with relations in Hälsingland. They have a summer house by a lake, an idylic situation.
We had good weather ( for this summer at least !) and the girls swam every day, I managed most days.
We visited craft workshops and second hand shops.
They produce some beautiful woven linen fabrics close by, wish I could have afforded some, but I did find it very inspiring.










We stopped off at a very pretty goat farm, bought some goats cheese at the farm shop.








The porch of the summer house.

We arrived home to the happy news that my brother in law and his girlfriend have set a date to get married. I thought I might send this as a congratulations card ! Sorry it's so out of focus ! ( it's a wedding dress...watercolour !)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Your trip away looks wonderful. I would so like to visit Sweden it looks so lovely. It must of been so nice to swim in that lake each day.I have been givern the task by K to organise a long weekend in November or there abouts. Ryan air had cheap flights the other day but I did not think it was the best time to visit. Working on him to have a longer trip next summer maybe.

Thats a great card to send for the engangement, weddings are so exciting.

love.boxes said...

Love the watercolor! It sounds like it was such a lovely holiday!

ellie said...

If you come to Sweden Joanna you would both be more than welcome to stay with us. November can be quite a grim time here, getting dark and cold ! December is fun because a big thing is made of Christmas. I would love to be able to say that the summers are rain free...but !!!